• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Recommendations on Greece diving!

Discussion in 'Central and Eastern Europe' started by TracyT24, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Rich Walrath

Rich Walrath Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hey sboarders... does anyone have current info on dive operators on Antiparos/Paros islands? I've found a few on various web searches that sound like a great opportunity, but before I go make reservations, I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the ops there? We have no problem with the restrictions on divers-I just spent 2 years living under much more restrictive diving conditions. I'd like to spend spring break there - I teach in Italia, and can get a decent fare for flights into Athens. Thanks!

2. scuba-az

scuba-az Garibaldi

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Does anyone have any recommendations for diving specifically on Crete? I have a student headed that way in April of 2010 and wanted find out if there were any recommended dive sites and/or dive ops. Any help would be great. Thanks!

3. CaptRam

CaptRam Captain

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    The diving in Greece in not great, i dont even bother with it, I do snorkel and spearfish (little fish)- the best area ive seen there is a reef i found on the South east side of Santroni-

4. northern sole

northern sole Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    Go the whole hog and go to NORTH Cyprus, great diving no EURO, no crowds and friendly people.

5. nikos81

nikos81 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I'm a student of diversclub in Heraklion Crete. Well I could reccommend a few things about diving in Crete if you are still interested. I will post you a personal message,since I don't know if you will be able to read this on time,since some of the posts are as nearly as 5 years old.

P.S. This is a reply message to scuba-az

6. Rich Walrath

Rich Walrath Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks, Nikos! We've got a week lined up on Antiparos in June of this year, and I'm trying to decide between Crete and Egypt for next April.
    Rich

7. northern sole

northern sole Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    Crete and Egypt!!!! Only one choice there I'm afraid.

7 more sleeps to go.

N.S

8. nikos81

nikos81 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Although I'm Greek, I'm afraid I'll agree with northern sole. Egypt is far much better for diving. U wouldn't like to miss Red Sea...Crete has beautiful places to dive,but you will be disappointed by the fish life.It's been overfished from all kinds of fishermen I'm afraid...

9. Owen Butler

Owen Butler Angel Fish

# of Dives:
    Dive laws in Greece heavily relaxed in 2005, update yourself.

Santorini is an awesome dive destination for the Med (lots of volcanic caves and deep walls), Crete also has some nice dives including a ww2 fighter plane off of Hersonissos in 23m water.

Navys Waterworld Scuba Diving Center | Kamari, Santorini

10. STUDIVE

STUDIVE Guest

what is the diving like in santorini