Recommendations needed: Koh Samui AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone,
thanks for the amazing recommendations. I see it will take me more than this trip to visit all of these places.
As for the moment, I'll stick with Samui and going diving on boat dives to Koh Tao. I'm looking forward to that trip and keep you updated with some nice pics ;-)

Markus

Hi Markus -- could you please post a trip report?

Who was your instructor and which was your dive center on Koh Samui, and how would you rate them respectively? Did you see any bulls or other sharks at Chumphon Pinnacle? Any whale sharks at Sail Rock? Turtles in the shallows of Mango Bay? What about photos of anemone shrimps and whatnot? I'm not in Thailand now, so I hope to revisit it vicariously through your report.

If I'd seen your post earlier, I would have recommended Meinhard Zillessen for great instruction and/or divemaster services in fluent German or English. I don't know which dive operation(s) he's working for now -- he's possibly working as a freelance pro -- but when I was a scuba instructor/divemaster on Samui I often observed Meinhard with his students and other divers in the swimming pool, on the boat, and/or in the ocean, and he's one of the best instructors/divemasters in Thailand. But I assume that if you dived with limbo or one of the others who posted above, you were well-served.

Looking forward to your trip report and pics!

Cheers, M

Hey Makhno,
thanks for your recommendation but i was very well served with my instructors, Jeff and Steve from Planet Scuba! Also the dive center did a great job with enthusiasm and very flexible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom