Recommendations for Trimix Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I recently finished my Tec 50 course and have done about four dives after finishing it. I am also a PADI Instructor and in the future would like to teach these courses as well. However, I can't take the trimix course locally in Panamá so I wanted recommendations on where to take it/agency to take it with.

If you don't want to go down the GUE path, Protec in Playa del Carmen is an IANTD shop.

I don't lean to GUE because it implies starting from zero my tech-diver route.

About IANTD, would it be possible for me to go for the Trimix Diver course or would I have to start from Normoxic Trimix first? I don't know how are the qualifying levels applied in IANTD.

I like the idea of Mexico because it is relatively close, and I could take advantage and do some cenote diving while there as well :D But what about Florida? Any good recommendations up there or is the price much higher than what I would get at PdC?

TDI Entry Level Trimix qualifies you to dive to 60m with minimum 18% O2. They are fairly flexible with how the course is taught and what methods the instructor uses. Seek out a good instructor that can help you continue with the technical foundation you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to go PDC/Protec, take a look at Kelvin Davidson there. He can cross cert you IANTD/TDI, he has a GUE/DIR/Team Diving mindset that you will like if you are into that stuff, you can do most of the course on nice sink holes like Angelita, Pit, Lagoon, and he is a really nice and fun guy to be with. Fantastic instructor. Tec50 is a deep air cert, much like TDI Extended Range or IANTD Technical Diver, so you will need to do Normoxic and then Advanced Trimix if you want that cert at the end.

IANTD pre-req: Must be qualified as an IANTD Technical Diver or Technical Cave Diver or Technical Wreck Diver or Normoxic Trimix Diver or
equivalent.

I opted for Normoxic; moving onto Trimix Diver.

IANTD pre-req: Must be qualified as an IANTD Technical Diver or Technical Cave Diver or Technical Wreck Diver or Normoxic Trimix Diver or
equivalent.

I opted for Normoxic; moving onto Trimix Diver.

Thanks for this info. If this is the case, and PADI Tec 50 is equivalent to IANTD technical diver, then it seems I can go for Trimix Diver directly!

That's great news :D

For IANTD, you must have Normoxic before you can take Full Trimix.

Has anyone taken any courses with Edd at cave adventures? I've bought gear before from their store before, and I like that he is PSAI/DSAT.

Share opinions/experiences!

And how the hell do you get from Orlando to Marianna?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom