recommendations for system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlb

New
Reaction score
We are purchasing a new system and need recommendations re ikelite housings and digital cameras. Would appreciate any honest opinions re longevity of ikelite, as we have had various opinions from dive shops.

I bought my first Ike back in, oh, 1996 or so. It's still going strong.

Ike's are sturdy, built to last and easy to maintain. They are an excellent product at a nice price point. They have a good range of ports to suit a wide range of lenses. They have fabulous customer service.

Don't think you can go wrong with an Ikelite!

There are, of course, a whole host of other options out there depending on your rig and your budget...but, again, Ike's are going to be just fine.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions about Ikelite. I happen to love my Ikelite housings

I don't think there is a control on my D200 that Ikelite didn't put a control on the housing for. There are several I wouldn't mind not having just to keep myself from screwing something up!

Any housing can be flooded. Any housing can break. That's why you have insurance.

Properly maintained and used, all of the major housings will work great.

Do you already have a digital camera? If so, which one? There are probably users here who can give you information about the specific housing and camera combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom