Recommendations for instruction in San Jose or Santa Cruz area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ricky B,
I got my OW at Diver Dan's and could reccomend them if they offer what you need.

You might inquire at Aquatic Discovery in santa clara. They are a small outfit and seem to be really flexable and I bet if you called them up and got to talk to the owners Raj or Barbara, described what you are looking for, they would be able to set something up that is just what you're looking for.

I suspect a few guided shore dives with one of their DM's would be what you need (don't sign-up for any of their silver prince boat charters until after the shore dives)

I did my OW with blue water aquatics in Sunnyvale a couple of years ago. My class was one-on-one with the instructor, and the checkout dives were me + one other student. I wouldn't say it's the best shop in the world, but the OW class was definitely far above the mean based on what I've heard from others that've done it elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom