Recommendations for instruction in San Jose or Santa Cruz area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ricky B

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an AOW certification but have only dived in Nor Cal for my initial open water check-out dives back in 1980. I am interested in hiring an instructor to get me up to speed in diving in Monterey Bay. Of course, I would prefer someone who is experienced, mature, and good at teaching. Any recommendations?

There are a couple good Local dive shops that could do a refresher, have clubs ect. Personally I like bothe Aqua Safari & Tropical Adventures in capitola. I have some issues with adventure sports in Santa Cruz (they have been known to take OW classes to Monastery and that dose not sit well with me) but lots of folks seem to like them too.

My recent experience is eight dives to ~ 20 meters in the Bahamas this past Xmas week. Before that it was a few dives in the same location two years ago.

So I am looking to increase my training as well as have someone with local knowledge show me Monterey Bay.

Your link was very helpful, and I would recommend to anyone looking to get familiar with Monterey Bay that he or she check out Chuck Tribolet's link.

Agree with votes for Any Water Sports and Diver Dan's in Santa Clara/San Jose area. Did my OW cert class with Any Water Sports.

Back
Top Bottom