Recommendations for Duffle Bag for Dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samsee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm trying to find a duffle bag that would be able to take the following:

2x Travel BCD
2X Regs
2 pairs of boots
2x Mask
2X Fins

I am looking for a bag that has shoulder straps, isn't mesh and not too expensive. I don't mind if it is a diving brand or not as long as I can get everything I need to in it.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Can always use the good ole cheap U.S. military duffel bag. Has shoulder straps on the side not shown in the pic. Nice and tall for the fins. :wink:
RTC-3339-2.jpg

i was looking at something like this but not sure i could get everything in. it certainly has the height

Not sure if you're looking to use it to travel to and from a dive site or travel to and from dive locations (e.g. driving or flying), but FWIW I just purchased one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-...8-1&keywords=no+matter+what+rolling+duffel+xl

It's quite large: I can get my 80L Osprey Backpack inside without issue (my fins fit in the Osprey Bag itself) and still have room for more fins. Should be able to take everything you want without issue. I have a Medium size Eagle Creek duffel that I've used for 8 years without issue. Both have lifetime warranties.

It has a shoulder strap and wheels and clocks in under 5 lbs and folds up small. I got mine for $90USD + tax before Christmas. Happy with the decision. May buy another.

My use is more for international travel (checked bag on airplanes). But I think it will be easier to use with dive gear than the military duffel mentioned, and it's larger than the Alpkit.

A friend suggested I get one of these: DUFFLE. Comes in 85L or 110L sizes. It's watertight without losing space to the roll as many watertight bags do. It's probably more than 100# and my friend had issues checking it (small tears from getting thrown around), but I wanted to mention it in case you were interested.

Hope this helps...

I'm looking for a bag that can be used in all scenarios. I will be flying out so it needs to be baggage handler proof. and going to the caribbean so may have to walk over sand with with it which is why i wanted it to go on my shoulders.

Ok so I have mocked up a layout for the alpkit dry dock 100 duffle bag using the dimensions listed on the website.

The two white boxes in the centre represent my travel BCDs are are to scale although i think my wife one is a little smaller than mine. the fins are modelled to scale as are the red dive mask boxes.
I haven't modelled the regs as they are quite tricky but it is looking like they can go on the side. It looks like i will have room to put my shorties and boots in there too as padding for the regs.

The bag is £60 which sounds like a good price and in theory I can get every thing in

What do you guys think?

Bag plan.jpg

Please take a look at our gear bag. More than large enough and very rugged. Well under budget as well.

Many people will prefer to fly with the canvas bag and then when actually diving, a mesh bag has the advantage of being lighter and more easily stored on the boat.

You can purchase both for well under your budget.
Freedive Gear Bag

MFGB-2T.jpg

Ballistic Mesh Dive Bag | MAKO Spearguns

MMB-2T.jpg

mmb-in-gear-bag_dtl.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom