Recommendations for dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It claims to be good from 39-70 degrees. Looks like a drysuit but without the inflation and claims to be "semi dry". Anyone have experience with this ?
Thanks

Semi-Dry = Wet.

No thanks.

As Perrone says, semi-dry=semi-humid. I usually dive such a suit, but under 60-65F I change to the dry one.
About the Mares Isotherm, some friends have been using it, and the most important claim is the plastic dry zipper. It has to be carefully lubricated with a special silicone gel they give you with the suit, but many friends suddenly noticed, on the boat, that the zipper had opened on it's own, on the middle, for example. I don't want to imagine if something like that happened under water. So, the main rule, even for semi-dry suits is IMHO, to buy only metal dry zippers, like the ones made by Dynat.
I repeat, if you're really thinking to dive in water temperatures under 55F, take a full Dry-Suit, it's maybe more expensive but the increase in comfort is unbeateable!
Hidroj

Back
Top Bottom