Recommendations for Divemaster training mid-August to mid-September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, assisting on courses was quite rewarding for me, especially as a retired teacher. You do improve your dive skills in that you must be able to demonstrate the 20 or so skills taught in the pool to "demonstration level". In general, the course will improve some other aspects of your diving, but not to a great extent. There was a lot of theory in the course I took (2009) that is nice to know but a lot of it was stuff I'll never need to know to dive efficiently & safely.
Now you have another reply that doesn't help you out.....

I am actually moving from Australia to the UK for a new job so since I'll have to move across the other side of the planet anyway geographic locations are pretty wide open :D
Are you planning to do divemastering in the UK, or is this training to keep options open for somewhere you might live in the future? If the UK, you would probably do best to get involved in the BSAC system.

I don't know if this helps but I went into the DM not looking into going pro. It just sort of happened, but my intention was to get as many dives in as possible. Just did the DM because it is cheaper than paying for fun diving. I did mine on Utila where I got to go diving between 2-5 times a days if I wanted to. It was a paid program! I logged over 100 dives in a short amount of time. They offered a 4 week program there.

"Thinking of a Diving Career" sub forum here there's a thread that may give some of the same opinions as here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom