Recommendations for Dive shops in Playa del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trista

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I am newly certified and was inquiring about diving in the Playa Del Carmen area.
I am interested in diving 3 or so times on my vacation. :)

-About how far away is the dive shop from the Iberostar Del Mar?
-How many people are involved in your dive trips-number of divers, dive masters, etc.?

Just send me any additional information regarding the above information. We leave on Saturday the 15th---REALLY SOON, so I wanted to try to get the dives planned :)

Have a good day! Trista Zollars

There are a few shops in the Playa del Carmen area. However, I'd suggest going with Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras. They can pick you up and drop you off each day and will give you some great experiences.

I don't know where your hotel is located but read my thread below regarding diving w/Fantaseadive. I spent all last week with him. Great diving! Contact Jason@fantaseadive.com and he can give you all info needed.

From what I could find on Google earth your hotel is about 12 miles north of Playa. Depending on traffic that could take a bit to get into Playa, maybe up to 1/2 hour, if traffic is light then about 1/2 that time. Which isn't bad, might be about $7-8 cab ride, check at the desk when you check in - they should help you from getting ripped off.

I'm with tlmainer - dive w/ Jason (Playacountryboy) and Fantasea. I did my AOW with him last week when we were there, it was outstanding. 1:1 personal service, it was just him and I the first day and two others the second day but all his attention was on me, the other two were experienced (one was an instructor as well). You can't beat the personal attention especially if you're newly certified like I was. I got max bottom time and was always the #1 priority. As I've said elsewhere, he's got my money EVERY time I'm there or anywhere he's working. His video's are great as well - they really WOW the family when you get back home!

I'll add my vote for Jason as well. We're using him again in May! And I agree, the videos are great to show the relatives and friends when they come visiting.

Hey Byte me, where/when did you shoot that avatar? Nice!

I'll add my vote for Jason as well. We're using him again in May! And I agree, the videos are great to show the relatives and friends when they come visiting.

Hey Byte me, where/when did you shoot that avatar? Nice!

Thanks!

Avatar was taken on Cerebros, I came around that big bit of coral on the right side of the shot, for some reason looked back and that view really caught my eye. It was toward the north end of the reef getting close to the end of our dive, the last dive of the day and my last dive for 6 months!! :(

Back
Top Bottom