Recommendations for dive shops and cheap accommodation at Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydob27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to Cebu for 21 days and diving is pretty much the only reason. I want to do as many dives as possible until the money runs out.

So if anyone knows a cheap place to stay (under 1,000 pesos) and a good dive shop in Moalboal I would love to hear about it. And cheap places to drink and eat would be nice too. All things cheap.

And any recommendations of where I should go after Moalboal; if I want to change locations after 10 days or so.

Thanks for all the help.

Andy

Hi Andy,

There is accommodation available in Panagsama (the diving area of Moalboal) under 1000 peso. You can get a nippa hut, with hot and cold shower that is comfortable for around 700-800 per night.

As for diving, the majority of shops charge approx. 1000 and above. However, if you wish to give us a try our standard rate is $21 but this can be negotiated with the Manager (Marius).
For food, again, there are many restaurants where you can get a good meal for $4-5 and in town $2-3.

For drinks you will pay 35pesos a beer in most bars but we only charge 25 pesos a beer at ours (which is at the rear of the dive shop) Again, you can get a beer in town for only 20 pesos at the Karaoke bar on the sea front.

For diving, after you move on from Moalboal, you can try the diving in Mactan or Malapascua. It is also relatively inexpensive to island hop as well using the local ferry companies.

Hope this helps and if you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Carl

Carl

Seriously, thanks.

With those prices I can do 2-3 dives a day for the duration and not have to worry about going too deep into debt.

I had already looked at the CebuDiveCentre websight and it looked perfect. I'll see you July 19th or 20th.

Andy

Last edited:
I dived with Nelson's when I was there. Here's link to their website: Moalboal OSP

and here's a link to my trip report: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...port-continuation-malapascua-trip-report.html

They're advertising 800 pesos a dive now with your own equipment... at the current exchange rate that's around $17.00 per dive :)

I stayed at Eve's right next door... there are less expensive places to stay. Eve's had nice rooms, with a/c, a really good restaraunt, and a pool :wink: Depends on your budget. I did like the convenience of being right next door though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom