Recommendations for dive charters on Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from Kauai about 2 weeks ago. Inorder to get all the dives in that we wanted, we dove with both Fathom Five and Seasport. Both companies were very good and I would dive again with either one.

I must admit that Seasport impressed me with their effort to bend over backwards to get us Nitrox for our Sunday dives. This was especially impressive given that my am dives were with Fathom Five (they couldn't blend during this trip) and only my afternoon dives were with Seasport.

But both dive companies were extremely friendly and professional! I don't think you will go wrong with either or both if your going at a time when its hard to fill the boats. :)

Hi. We are going to Kauai in November. Will the diving be in the south that time of year also? Is a dive to Ni'ihau feasible in November?

We've dived Kauai in March and October with Fathom Five, a total of 7 dive trips and each time was fantastic. I would highly recommend them. We never had cancellations due to weather, although we repeated Sheraton Caverns a few times.

Strongly suggest that you look into Bubbles Below. Small boats and personal service with incredible focus on the environment and ecology.

South shore is the only way to go in the winter.

Hi. We are going to Kauai in November. Will the diving be in the south that time of year also? Is a dive to Ni'ihau feasible in November?

Also interested in answers to these questions. Anybody?

Ni'ihau diving shuts down around mid-September.
Seasport divers Niihau trips are scheduled Tuesdays and Fridays during the normally calmer time of year, which runs from late spring to early autumn.
IDK whether you can dive the north side of Kauai in Nov. but I kind of doubt it as it's the same reason for both - the big waves start rolling in. I'm fairly certain Tunnels would be blown out then. Check with Fathom Five, they have an affiliated operation that shore dives Tunnels when they can.
Ocean Quest Watersports operates just minutes from the North shore and our favorite Kauai SCUBA shore diving location, Tunnels Beach .

My wife and I are planning to dive in Kauai the last week of September so I've been very interested in the feedback on places to dive and whom to dive with. I'm a 15 year Advanced Open Water diver in my late 40's but my wife is only now getting certified (she's in her mid-40's). Since she's a newbie, I'd like to make this as enjoyable as possible (and certainly stress free). I'd like to take her to a Florida Keys dive first before making Hawaii her first ocean dive (we live in the Southeast US). We're staying on the east side of the island with my wife's relatives.

Sevenfeet - you can find my feedback on Seasport earlier in this thread, really loved diving with them. From my experience they'll make every effort to ensure the boat has as enjoyable an experience as possible. On the days I was with them we moved from the planned site more than once because conditions weren't great either from a current, surge or vis perspective. There are many great sites on the south side of the island and you'll see more turtles than you ever have before if you dive Sheraton. Nice big boat, great people = great experience!

Has the vis at Koloa Landing cleared up? What can we expect currently? I will be there next week, and currently have Nihau, Tunnels, and Koloa Landing scheduled. I have been to Koloa Landing once before, and it was fantastic. In fact, the dragon morray in my avatar was from there. I scheduled it again because my daughter was going to be diving with me, and I didn't want her to miss it, but she broke her wrist, and so will not be diving. I am quite happy to do that dive again anyway since I enjoyed it so much 3 years ago, but if it's washed out, I could schedule onto an am boat or something.

Mike

I strongly recommend bubbles below. They arent as big or as well advertised as Seasports or the other guys.

My wife and I loved diving with them, and they gave us the freedom to dive to ndls and see things the way we wanted to. My shortest dive was 41 minutes and my longest was 76 minutes. Most were longer than an hour. Never a rush, and Linda was super-fantastic about finding things and explaining the natural features and wildlife.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom