Recommendations for dive and stay in upper keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking of planning a trip labor day weekend. Any recommendations for the upper keys as to who to dive with and where to stay (cheap)?

:bang: Greetings from Lake Mary to Lake Mary :bang:

I was in Key Largo in June and the Marina del Rey was pretty good. Not a Ritz-Carlton, but clean and reasonable. Definitely plan to eat at Hobo's, good simple food. Quiescence is a great dive outfit, max 6 divers (we only had 3 on our boat). Very nice if you're with a buddy already and know where you want to go. Conch Republic is also a great outfit. Larger boats, more divers, great staff.

Where are you planning to dive?

No plans yet. Just looking to get down there. Was thinking Key Largo, Islamorada maybe.

Find a dive shop that "fits" you and your needs and see if they have packages with the area hotels. We work with a variety of hotels and know "our" price is markedly less than if you were to call and make reservations on your own.

Labor Day weekend is filling quickly---so you'll want to make your reservations soon to get the best prices!

Pat

www.amoray.com

I liked them a lot , and did some trips as a FAU student with them.. overall good service :) hey I had only gone once and they remembered my name.. :)

Here's some hotels you might want to call for hotel savings if wanting to stay in Tavernier/Islamorda area:

- Drop Anchor 305-664-4863 - MM 85
- Island Bay 305-852-4087 - MM 92
- Ocean Point 305-853-3000 - MM 93 (Condo's)
- Ragged Edge 305-852-5389 - MM 86.5
- Sunset Inn 305-664-3454 - MM 82

All these hotels are clean and where we put divers when they dive with us.

Good Diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom