Recommendations for Baja coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airhead:
I just noticed this thread, and I am also going to the San Diego area for a week next summer with a yen to slip down to Baja for a 3-day dive trip. I have seen good reports on Loreto and La Paz also, but would personally prefer the most convenient short trip from California, so as to work in the most wet time. I'm from the east coast, and usually go to the Carribean, but can't pass up a chance for the Baja experience! Any news from the West coast experience would be appreciated. Thanks, Airhead.

From San Diego, Aerocalifornia can get to Loreto in about 2 hrs and $300.00. Diving should be good but it will be hot out of the water. I like Villas de Loreto. They can arrange diving for you as well. Dive with Rafael. He works with Dolphin and others as a subcontractor . October is my favorite time for Loreto. Have fun

Thanks Brian! This info may be the key to our whole agenda, as my wife's brother has invited us to San Diego to visit, and we want to accomidate all interests, including ours. We won't mind the heat, as Mexico is a standard for our vacations in days past. Thanks Pal!
Joe & Jeanne Williams,
Greenville, S.C.

Did you use a wetsuit or diveskin? How chilly did it get?

It depends on the time of year and where you go (also how comfortable you are with cooler water temps). When/where were you thinking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom