Recommendations for a dive shop in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a personal experience note... Makena Coast cancelled my dive on me less than 12 hours before it began and just about ruined my opportunity to dive while I was on Maui. I'd be careful with them or make sure they guarantee you that if they say they are going out they actually take you out. (Lucky for me, I called Maui Dive Shop 5 minutes before they closed and got a last minute spot with them. They were friendly and safe.)

Hi Jimbo,

You never mentioned why they cancelled. I had to do a last minute cancellation last week too. Believe me, I wouldn't normally do that but I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible toothache. I ended up in the oral surgeons office instead of out on my scheduled scooter dive. It was disappointing to my guests and myself, I lost a whole days pay and they didn't get to dive. Unfortunatley, though rare, it can happen sometimes, an unexpected emergency. Without knowing why the cancellation occurred I find you are quite strong with your accusation that they just about ruined your opportunity to dive and we wonder are they really to blame for this? I certainly doubt it was intentional. In other words...before you blast them shouldn't we get at least a little more history? Thank you and I'm glad you found an alternative to save your day. Any day I don't dive is never as good as the days I do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom