Recommendation for soft Goodman handle dive light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got TDI tech certified so it's time to move away from lanyards. During my training I used a Sola 1200 and generally found it agreeable. I notice the Sola 2500 has the better battery with superior runtimes and quicker charging.

However during training I was in my wetsuit - in reality I'll do most my diving in my drysuit so I need a hand-mounted solution works with that set up - i.e. the light won't get caught up on the wrings on my wrist. Pretty sure the Sola fits the bill but curious what SB might have to say about it.

While not a "soft" handle, I love my Halcyon Flare EXP cordless light. It is small enough to store in my tech pants if I want to, or I can clip it to my BP/W.

Halcyon Flare EXP

Check out the Razor brand soft handles. They work great if you end up wearing a helmet at a later time.

Also Bigblue has soft goodman handles that goto their lights. They dont fit other brands.

Very interesting thread,

I don't like hard Goodman handles
Don't stay on the hand well for me,

I just cut a chunk of abs pipe, slit it, warm it in an oven, flatten it with a heavy piece of steel, cut out what I needs,
Rewarm it, it will slightly curve nice, cool,
Drill holes, install bungee,
I can if I want, move one bungee over my thumb if I want less tension etc.
Dive light in right hand for me,

View attachment 692258View attachment 692256

This is from an other thread.

Keep in mind that you’ll need to be able to easily switch the light to the right hand from time to time, such as when checking your SPG or using the rear dump on your wing.

Right hand only for me,
switching never made sense to me,

I like the OxyCheq Raider soft Goodman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom