Recommendation for beginner's first scuba trip in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will not go diving right away when I arrive in Manila. I will stay there for a couple of days to visit relatives. Then, I'll go to Anilao for a couple of days if my friend who is also an instructor can go with me. Then, back to Manila for about a week before going on another diving trip in the Philippines. Based on the recommendations from this thread, I have Puerto Galera, Alona Beach, and Cebu/Boracay to choose from. I'm really having a hard time deciding. What about Tubbataha? I read that it's ranked 8th in the world by CNNgo.com
Puerto Galera is just across the channel from Anilao.
Tubattaha is only for liveaboard(mid Mar -mid June).
Moalboal(Cebu) is probably better for in-experienced diver and the sites are very near.
Some operators have 13 or even 15L tank available.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a try. Is there a pause between inhale and exhale? If so, about how long? I'm so paranoid about holding breath underwater but I've heard several divers tell me they pause. To me I consider that pause holding your breath. No? I'm envy divers who can last close to an hour or more with a regular tank and at a depth of 70ft+ most of the time. If I went 70ft+, my air goes from 3000 down to 1500 in about 20 minutes, if not less. Then, I have to go shallow on the way back so that I don't run out of air during safety stop. Very frustrating because I go to the gym 3-5 times a week (doing cardio 3 times a week) and 15% body fat. It's not like I'm out of shape. Sigh.

i don't really think about the pause,only when i am doing yoga....i think the important thing,is the slow steady breaths in and out...
i say to put the tongue in the mouthpiece,because most regulators,as soon as you open the airways,the air RUSHES down into your lungs and are filled within a split second....if you can slow this intake down,then that is most of the problem solved....thats my thoughts anyways...
i have been a working divemaster before,and have said this to many of the fast air user's in my groups,and many have said how much it helped them...
hope it helps you to...
cheers....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom