Recommendation for active club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lusitanics? Anyway, even if you AREN"T in a S cult, It'd be interesting to meet up after I'm back (2 months and counting!). Thanks

You had me at Mexican food....
(so hard to get good comidas here)
Active diving too?! (sigh)
Thanks

LOL, no, Dan is good people.
I dive out of Silicon Valley Dive Club out of Diver Dan's. We have 2 club meetings on Wednesday nights for an hour, then we go out for mexican food and drinks after. They organize 1 shore dive and 1 boat dive per month, the boat dive is a charter and they offer discounted pricing for the club. There are also discounted classes available and trips to various other dive destinations. It's a good deal, and a decent sized club. We have a couple long-hosers, but I don't know if any of them are techies.

Well, I didn't exactly say it was *good* mexican food, but the beers are cold and the people are nice. Last weekend was the shore club dive, had 10-12 people turn up. Any one of them could be a potential regular dive buddy, I've met some good ones thru the club.

LOL, no, Dan is good people.
I dive out of Silicon Valley Dive Club out of Diver Dan's. We have 2 club meetings on Wednesday nights for an hour, then we go out for mexican food and drinks after. They organize 1 shore dive and 1 boat dive per month, the boat dive is a charter and they offer discounted pricing for the club. There are also discounted classes available and trips to various other dive destinations. It's a good deal, and a decent sized club. We have a couple long-hosers, but I don't know if any of them are techies.

I am not good at attending club meetings. Is it possible to just go to the dives?

You'll have to go to at least one of the meetings to pay your $50 annual fee and get onto the email list. The $50 annual fee is given back to you in either a 1 time $75 rental coupon, or you can get an air/nitrox fill card. So, you pay your money to be in the club, but you get it back in another way.
At the club meetings we discuss where the shore dive will be, then an email goes out to the club telling everyone where to meet. For the discounted boat dives, you have to pay at the meeting or at Diver Dan's to get the discounted club price.

I am not good at attending club meetings. Is it possible to just go to the dives?
Meetings...UHG!

No wonder North Coast Divers meetings are at the dive sites :cool2: The type of meetings where you enter the water are the best.

Back
Top Bottom