Recommendation for a new air integrated computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AandK

Registered
Reaction score
What is the best air integrated color screen wrist computer these days? I'm looking for the release of the liquivision Omnix or other similar type computers.

I'd like it to have the ability to set different stop levels as well if possible. Buddy transmitter view would be nice also.

I'm currently using a lynx, so something better than that please.

Thanks.

That computer is amazing, but no air integration?

So far it have Oxygen Analyser so i'm sure that Air Integration will be soon.

ScubaPro should be releasing their version of the SeaBear H3 soon. With AI.

I had a long talk with a regional SP rep a couple of weeks ago and I do believe it will happen. Maybe over the summer, but by DEMA (November) at the latest. I have no proof, of course, but from what I've been told, I do believe it will happen.

I love my H3, even without AI.

Buddy transmitter view would be nice also.

Omnix maybe. I don't know who else's using ultrasonic comms w/ transmitter and that's about the only way it can go far enough to reach your buddy.

Any complaints? What about the battery life?

I think I have pretty much covered it in the H3 thread. I did 16 dives (8 days) over the first 2 weeks of June. 4 days on wrecks in NC. 4 days on wrecks in the Saint Lawrence River. Some NDL dives. Some deco dives.

The battery seemed to go at least 2 days of diving before it hit the Yellow on the meter. It's supposed to go quite a bit longer on Yellow than it did on Green. So, I could probably have done at least 4 days of diving before I ended a day with the battery in the Red. But, I don't know because I ended up just going ahead and charging it if it ended the day in the Yellow. So, every 2 or 3 days.

My only major complaints are:

- dive log does not include gas info. When you download the dives to Subsurface or whatever the dives don't show what gas you were breathing or if you did a gas switch. I checked the CSV files that come from the H3 and the data is simply not there. It's definitely an issue with the H3 and not, for example, Subsurface.
- gas list does not have a way to "disable" a gas (like the Shearwater Petrel does). So, if you do a dive with a deco gas and then follow it with a dive with no deco gas, you have to delete the deco gas from the computer. Otherwise, the computer will constantly prompt you to switch to your deco gas once you ascend to the right depth. For that matter, it even prompts to switch when you are ascending from the surface at the start! And it will display the wrong TTS, since it's assuming you will switch to the programmed deco gas for accelerated deco. And if you delete the deco gas, then you just have to add it back in before your next deco dive - which is not hard, but it would be a lot less button pushing if you could just enter the deco gas once and then enable/disable it.
- you cannot set your intended final stop depth. The computer assumes a final stop of 10' and calculates your ascent profile based on that. That means the TTS it reports is wrong (if you plan to do your final deco at some deeper depth, like 20' or 30').
- the battery goes from fully charged to dead in 2 to 3 weeks if you leave it just sitting with the Auto Dive Detection option turned on. Don't put it away after a dive trip and then go diving again 3 weeks later and forget to charge it before you go.
- the screen can be hard to read in bright sunlight. Especially on the surface, but even sometimes in shallow (20 - 30 feet) water.

None of those are a huge deal to me. The difference between the displayed TTS and the actual, when you do your final stop deeper than 10' is pretty small, so that's not a big deal. Hopefully, ScubaPro will address the first 4 points in a firmware update. I don't know that there's anything they can do to make it more readable in bright sunlight.

Last edited:
So I'll vouch for the Suunto Eon Steel. My wife and I both have one each, we've had them for almost 18 months and have approx 150 dives on each one. The Battery life depends on your settings - we have max brightness on the screens because we dive in the middle east but still get 30 hrs from a charge. technically it's enough for a weeks trip, but since we have other electronic devices we always have chargers.

We both run 2 transmitters each, zero problems other than a software bug in the transmitters reporting of battery life, which Suunto sorted on the early batch. I have a few minor niggles but that's down to personal preferences and Suunto despite their reputation have been in a dialogue with me seeking further comments to my suggestions and their input.

I use Mac Dive as my primary interface for downloading dives. Nick at Mac dive has been very helpful resolving the issues that Mac dive didn't properly record the data for all the tank transmitters. It's sorted now, he just needed actual real world data. So it picks up all the mixes you have as well as the tank size (if you've told your computer your tank volume) gas changes and everything.

Sunnto DM5 software is very love or hate. I still down load dives into it as a back up, and like the analysis tools, but entering site data in any meaningful way is pants. That's just my personal opinion. It also pick up all your gas changes

The Eon doesn't track your buddies air (my wife and I don't need that we can just ask) and it doesn't locate your buddy either

The transmitter once paired are paired for life and have not had one TX issue or drop out.

We both run 2 transmitters each

What do you use "2 transmitters each" for? (you mean each one of you has 2 transmitters?)

The transmitter once paired are paired for life and have not had one TX issue or drop out.

Can you still change this “pairing” if you change the wrist unit or transmitter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom