Question Recommendation for a Bay Area instructor for Rescue Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got certified about 8 years ago and have done a fair amount of diving both in CA and some warmer places. I have done PADI OW, AOW, and Nitrox and figured I would do the Rescue course. The instructor I had for OW was not my favorite and I am glad my wife (who used to be an instructor) was there to fill in the gaps after that.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get it done (shop and/or instructor)? I live in Danville, so I am likely driving at least a bit regardless of where I go. If the course is doing an “in class” portion, like most do then I would like to keep it in the general Bay Area.

I did my class at Diver Dans and highly recommend the instructors I took it with: Jon Lockwood and Deanna Chu.

I likewise did the rescue course at Diver Dan's a few weeks ago with Robert Mautino as the instructor. I enjoyed the course and would recommend Robert.

WRT choices of dive shop, would recommend looking into whether the first day is pool or ocean. I don't particularly care for the cold waters of Monterey and Diver Dan's course's first day was in the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom