Recommend me a travel BC for advanced diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can always give the Aqualung Outlaw a try. Light as a feather and packs down to nothing. Have the optional weight pockets to carry the soft weights.

What about the Aqualung Rogue with integrated weights in the waist band assembly? I bought two of them for my boys. The whole thing can be configured, shoulder, back and waist.

Travel bcd - help please

Im a Hydros fan. You can remove the weight pockets in favor of a belt style wasit clip that lowers the weight down quite a bit.

The lightest and easiest travel rig sm. Just a harness and a camelback size bladder. Literally packs up into 2 hands.

Otherwise I have an Outlaw, that I teach in. It’s lightweight, not much more than a harness. Good weight pockets, I have added pouches to the cam band and shoulders, so easy to spread weight out for perfect trim. Truthfully I was very skeptical of any jacket bc. But it’s surprisinly adjustable, fits snuggly. I would dive it for sure, if I didn’t have my sm rig.

The lightest and easiest travel rig sm. Just a harness and a camelback size bladder. Literally packs up into 2 hands.

Otherwise I have an Outlaw, that I teach in. It’s lightweight, not much more than a harness. Good weight pockets, I have added pouches to the cam band and shoulders, so easy to spread weight out for perfect trim. Truthfully I was very skeptical of any jacket bc. But it’s surprisinly adjustable, fits snuggly. I would dive it for sure, if I didn’t have my sm rig.
Love my outlaw. I don't get all the hate for it. Cheaper and simpler than most any bp/w rig.

i dive back plate wings when doing local lake and quarry diving. I am technical trained. Local diving I use drysuit and doubles. I’ve done the travel backplate wing for tropical diving and while I love diving plates and wings I admit I get jealous of my friends simplicity of their travel BC rigs. This rig will never see serious dives with doubles and such. It will strictly be a warm water travel rig. I’ve been thinking something like an Zeagle covert xt. Seems like it has trim pockets which will be a must. Thoughts? Thanks!
I travel dive an Aeris ( now Oceanic) Jetpack and love it. It qualifies as a carry on and if they get sticky with you as a personal item and carry on. The backpack holds everything ( regulator, mask, fins, skin guard). The BC portion is basically a BP/W configuration with 30 lbs of lift. The weight pockets on the waist band are dumpable. There are two tank band weight pockets as well. You can get up 26 lbs of lead more or less into the included weight pockets. You will need shorter fins to fit the backpack. I use the rubber Mares Power Plana which work great. I assume Jet fins and others similar sized would work as well. Some of the negative reviews mention the BC retaining water somehow. I've dove this over 30 times and have no idea to what those reviews are alluding. You can find the Aeris still in stock, much cheaper than the Oceanic at Leisurepro.

I have an Aqualung Axiom BC which I really like, might not be quite what you are looking for but I am coming across quite a few divers who like them both for diving and packing up for travel.

I very much enjoy my Aqualung Rouge! It’s super light and can be taken apart to lie flat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom