Recommend me a Rescue Course / Instructor please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefvagabond

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I think I have reached a level where I would be comfortable taking a rescue course. Can anyone here recommend a Rescue Course or Instructor from their own experience? I'd be particularly interested in an instructor that has actually had to rescue people before and class work that is very thorough. I'm willing to wait for good instruction if the class will not be happening right away. I'm in the South Bay area but any place in the Bay Area is fine.

I did mine with Jeff Cucculelli at Captain Aquas in Hayward. They are SSI so that may be a deal breaker for some, but a very comprehensive class for the affiliate standards, and an awesome instructor.

Try Bruce at Aquarius in Monterey.
I don't know that he's rescued anyone personally, but I sat through a few Advanced classes with him and know that he takes things seriously. Unfortunately, my Rescue instructor died recently in a dive accident. This is something everyone should know about.

Be sure to take the CPR/Emergency First Response class FIRST.

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom