Recommend me a dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghetto Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
....at around a C note :D

Don't use computer, so obviously timer function is essential. My eyes are at the point of neediing something with BIG numbers/high viz face.

Thanks in advance!

The Casio G Shock is pretty much nuke proof and you can pick one up, depending on the model, for 50-100 bucks. Some of them are rated for 200 meters, which, I'm guessing, should be good enough.

Consider getting a bottom timer. There are several good ones on the market, and they are generally cheaper than a good dive watch. You will get a very easy to read face, it starts timing automatically when you descend, and it will also tell you your depth.

If you must wear a watch under water I second the Casio G shock-- the older style DW-5600E. I recall reading that even Sheck Exley used that on his cave dives.

Uwatec bottom timer.

Thanks all for the replies...

My Timex crapped out after 15 dives. The bottom timer is a good option as well.

I had a laugh at myself when I thouht more about it. Reminds me how I resisted Glocks, then gave in and am hooked.

Been eyeing the Oceanic Veo 100...and for the money and what it offers I don't think I can beat it.

Diving since 82....N Y waters.....bought a Seiko automatic 100m on e-bay from a grey market dealer in Singapore...watch is bullet-proof, self winding, and looks and feels great...cost about 125, went another 20 for the Seiko all stainless bracelet...the dealer has both the watch, with a rubber band, and the watch with stainless band....you can hammer nails with these watches...love mine.....runs about 1 minute fast every month, but I understand many self winders do this......good luck !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom