Recommend Indigo Divers for Diving on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We recently went to Grand Cayman (seven mile beach) for a week-long vacation (our first time on Grand Cayman). We dove with Indigo Divers and had such a great experience I wanted to pass on the word. My husband and I both have 50+ dives with several operators in Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean... and Indigo Divers was the best, hands down. Chris and Katie are not only attentive, safety-focused, and very qualified, they are also very personable, friendly, and fun. I highly recommend checking out Indigo Divers if you're looking for a good dive operator on Grand Cayman.

There are lots of excellent, small, valet type dive ops on GC that pick up and deliver and limit the number of divers on board. I've dived with Wall to Wall, DNS, Dive Tech and Living the Dream in the past few years on the west side and all have been good. I like an operation that runs relatively large boats like the four I mentioned. Some of the operators run smaller Mako type boats and there is less shelter from wind, spray, sun and rain. The surface interval can feel a bit long if you are in a cramped space and feeling the elements. I always check the boat photos on the dive op web site before I go to a new place, or look at the boats if a new operator for me. No surprises that way.

I have used Indigo Divers also and highly recommend them. Great operation. I was concerned about their small boat but it was a joy to only dive with 5 other people.

one of the advantages to the smaller boats is that they can be faster out to the mooring balls so they get first choice on the dive sites. Deep Blue runs a smaller boat and normally get first choice on dive sites.

Some of the bigger boats can run just as fast as the small boats with more comfort.I prefer comfort.

There are 365 moored diving sites around the island it is pretty easy to see the dive sites you prefer also most tourists couldn't tell one site from another even if they dove it several times.

Most dive Ops on Island offer individual valet service not just Indigo.

Back
Top Bottom