Recommend cheap-o fins for warm water vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going from drysuit + XXL Turtle fin land to Mexico for vacation. I want to find a cheap pair of open-heel fins to take with me. Since they will only be used on a few dives per year, price is important. (Yes, I am going to Mexico and not diving every day... the relatives we are going with don't dive.)

Is there anything in the $30-40 range I should consider? There are a lot of options... hopefully another cheapskate has had a good experience to share. I don't especially care about brand or split vs paddle style, I just want something that is cheap but not junk.

(BTW I will be getting 3mm tropical booties too, size 11, if that matters.)

Thanks a bunch!

I know you are looking for an open heel fin, but if you can use a full foot instead, Leisurepro has Apollo Full Foot Bio fins on sale for $49. Biofins are my favorite fins I've ever used.

I have a set of Sherwood Magnum fins I'd sell cheap. They're solid blade & light in weight. I won them at a pumpkin dive. They're size large. I wear a size 10-11 shoe & use XJ Jet fins & these fit me fine. They got used for one day to snorkel in fresh water & did OK, but I like my Jets.

As Wayward Son has suggested, a used pair of fins may be a good option. When I was planning a 3-month backpacking/diving trip, I bought a pair of used fins off E-Bay for $20. If I lost them, no biggie... but I didn't and they are now hanging in my dive locker for any guests that visit.

Back
Top Bottom