Recomendation for Discover Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My neice wants to do a Discover Scuba dive(s) on Maui out of Lahiana while on vacation with her parents. Any recomendations or warnings? I have seen advertisements for Maui Dreams but want to know of other options.

Thanks, Doug

Wow - Shaka Doug's ads don't work on your computer?

Yup they work Howard, but Shaka Doug is in Kiehi, not Lahaina (sorry about my spelling).

Thanks

So is Maui Dreams. You could call Extended Horizons 808-667-0611 :)

U are right, my navigation sucks. Thanks.

Another option is Lahaina Divers. They have a bigger boat than Extended Horizons if seasickness might be an issue. The tradewinds in the afternoon might make it a little rougher - it's when both EH and LD do their Discover dives. Also LD goes to Turtle Reef, your neice might enjoy that.
Discover Intro Scuba

If she wants to stay in the Lahaina area, Lahaina Divers often takes their Discover Scuba folks to Mala Wharf, which is always a good dive. They do a nice job with their Discover Scuba folks, very conscious of safety, etc.

Otherwise, you absolutely can't go wrong with Shaka Doug.

Hey Doug, Kihei's not really that far from Lahaina if you don't mind a scenic 45 - 60 minute drive along the coast highway. Just an option....

Yup, I know. The problem is my neice is 16 so her parents have to schelp her down and hang out as its a full hour from where they are staying. I ended up recommending you anyway based on the number of very positive responses. I did give them the alternative of EH in case the logisitics were too much.

Thanks

P.S. I find it hard just thinking about Maui being stranded here is West Texas. All that clear water, lack of dust storms, green landscape and trees that get in the way of the view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom