Recognized Dive boats/locations for Lobstering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Dania tonight -

.TONIGHT...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS
2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. WINDS AND SEAS
HIGHER IN CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Wanting to hop on a boat specifically for lobstering. Any recommendations? Willing to drive well outside of the Ft. Lauderdale area if you can convince me if the results will be worth the drive.

I'm new to the area, so please give as much detail about your recommendations.
Thanks!
Well, first, no boat can GUARANTEE that you'll see lobsters.

That said...there are two boats that I have always had excellent luck with.

I went with Capt. Bill Cole on Mini-Season and caught so many bugs that I had to give some to the captain in order to be legal on my drive home! Actually, on my first dive that morning he dropped me RIGHT ON TOP OF a bug. A month later, taking an out of town friend on the boat for his first ever lobstering trip, he dropped us RIGHT ON TOP OF another bug! Of course this is never guaranteed, but I've had great luck with him. SeaXP - Scuba Diving - Snorkeling - Fort Lauderdale

I've also had excellent luck with Kevin Metz out of Boynton Beach, and he dives with you and he'll point them out! Again, there is never a guarantee, but I sure have had good luck with him. Underwater Explorers

How did the dive go??? :)

Good dive. Vis was about 3' for the first 20 minutes or so while we were trying to find the jacks, but cleared up to 20' or so once we were on them. No lobsters for us, a few found some out on the ledge though which we didn't hit. No cool Manta Ray videos though.

aww well thats still a good dive.. wait until the vis gets a little better :( idk what's going on but it's not been good for about a week now! WHATS HAPPENING! you should come saturday though..

aww well thats still a good dive.. wait until the vis gets a little better :( idk what's going on but it's not been good for about a week now! WHATS HAPPENING! you should come saturday though..

I may join you guys for the night dive. I was going to do LBTS Sunday morning, but would rather go out at night.

Wanting to hop on a boat specifically for lobstering. Any recommendations? Willing to drive well outside of the Ft. Lauderdale area if you can convince me if the results will be worth the drive.

I'm new to the area, so please give as much detail about your recommendations.
Thanks!

If you really want to catch lobsters you need to avoid the cattle boats that hit the same spots over and over, get five like minded buddies and jump on a six pack that will take you to off the beaten path spots. Avid Divers in Pompano and Underwater Explorers in Boynton are good choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom