Rechargeable C size/cell Battery ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muzikbiz22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greetings All,

I am considering getting some rechargeable C cell's, (4 of them), for my UK C4 eLED, and a charger. Anybody have a favorite ?

Thanks in Advance !!

There's another option, which should work. Use AA rechargeables with an adapter. This should work as long as the cells are fully charged before the dive.

Adam

There's another option, which should work. Use AA rechargeables with an adapter. This should work as long as the cells are fully charged before the dive.

Adam

Adam
I've seen those and have been curious about them ? Do they work, have you used ?

AA's will work with an adapter
a quick look and I see 2700mAh listed for them, the C's batteries are 5000mAh ... that means about half the run time compaired to C size

AA's will work with an adapter
a quick look and I see 2700mAh listed for them, the C's batteries are 5000mAh ... that means about half the run time compaired to C size
Thanks, good info !! Now, I wonder if my dive becomes a little buoyant without all the weight of real C cells ?

I use the adapters too. We already travel with a lots of AA rechargeables and recharger for camera gear so I'm trying to use them more for lights too and save a little weight.

I try to avoid C battery products because I like to use rechargeables and the C cell chargers are large for travel.

I've used AA with C adapters in an old Ikelite C light and an old UK 8 C cell light and they do work fine. The AA batteries hold less charge but if you charge them fully before the dive it's not an issue.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom