Rechargeable AA NiMh Performance in lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I got confused with lithium and lithium-ion batteries, thinking that the lithiums were rechargeable. :p

The Energizer L91 is a NON-rechargeable lithium cell @1.5v. They support output better and last a bit longer than alkaline in some applications, but that won't matter a bit in the SL3. The voltage regulator supports the output until it gets low. On rechargeable you can top them off whenever you want.

If you put rechargeable lithium ion in there (should you figure out how to fit it in) you would now be pushing 12.6v to start > result > nice bright FFFFSSSSTTTTT!

Any decent rechargeable NiMh will work fine. Been using some sanyo 2000mA in mine for a couple years now.

Gotta kind of laugh about that disclaimer about being unsuitable for hazardous applications. Like flooding isn't going to be bad for any kind of battery. Lithium ion batteries are starting to be used in lights on a more routine basis now. I have them in my canister and backup handheld. A bigger problem really is ownership care, especially with charging....that's where the real danger is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom