Wanted Rechargable Light - $50ish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a decent light around $50 or so. I looked through the available lights but didn't see much around that price. Anyone have one they were thinking about selling?

This is a little bit more than $50 but it’s new and I’ve been using several of them for years and I love it, maybe it will fit your needs?

Since April I've been diving with the Amazon Aplos AP01 light at 1000 lumens. I wanted it for the Lionfish hunting that cling to the ceilings/tops of shallow cave ledges. The light has the 4 things I wanted.... 1>push button-not twist on cause those take 2 hands, 2>battery indicator so it doesn't run out underwater, 3>Gotta be bright cause its for daytime use, 4>Economical-It's $29. I turn it on and off during my dive so total "On-Time" is less than 5 minutes for each dive and I just charged it for the 1st time after using it for 20 dives. I took PVC pipe with a heat gun and molded a clip-in holder for it redneck style and it's mounted to my lobster/lionfish bag with a tiny cheapo retractor. I throw my gear on the pavement below when unloading the boat and the light is still working. I'll probably buy a 2nd just to put in my 'consumables' bin.

LF_light_1.jpg

This is a little bit more than $50 but it’s new and I’ve been using several of them for years and I love it, maybe it will fit your needs?

My family has 3 of these, great lights, high, low, and flash.

Are you looking for one to use in clear water, or murky? Those two environments require different lights. If you want one for clear water, I picked up one of these last year and it works great ! Not really narrow enough for murky water.

Erik

Back
Top Bottom