Recent pics from diving Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally finished editing the photos from our last 2 trips to Maui (November and December last year). My husband took all of the photos with his Canon T2i, which made for much easier editing than the old point and shoot. These were all taken while we were diving with Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures. :)

http://divetraveladventures.shutterfly.com/maui

I am ALWAYS astonished at how many nudibranchs you guys find! I search for them assiduously, but I never see that many, or so many different kinds. Cool photos!

Thanks everyone! I have to admit that we are avid "nudi hunters" and spend pretty much our entire dives looking for them. We're always fortunate see so many other creatures along the way, so it's a strategy that seems to work.

The most amazing part about diving for me is that even after about 200 dives on Maui, we have yet to have one trip where we don't have at least one "first". This last trip we were blessed with 4 "firsts", and there's no question I can't wait to go back and discover something new again. :)

We are going to be in Maui for two days in March and am curious to know at what dive sites you saw these magnificent creatures? Great job with the photos. Wish I could do half as well.

I wish I could tell you one particular site, but honestly it would be impossible to point you at just one. Probably the most important factor in finding things is an excellent dive guide, especially if you don't have a lot of experience diving in Hawaii.

However, my absolutely favorite dive site on Maui is called Red Hill as I have never been disappointed there. I wish it was a shore diving site since I would literally dive it every other day I'm on island, but access and currents make that impossible. At Molokini, we always feel like Reef's End and the cleaning station/cove area are the two best sites for just about everything from macro to pelagic.

very nice

Aloha DiveMaven,

I live on Maui and just dove Red Hill on Sunday. We enter from the shore at Black Beach. While it is true the currents can take you around mountain. We take Apollo Dive scooters till we can feel the current before we trun around. If you really want to have some fun you can actually do the drift dive and get out at Big Beach. Just Park a car down there and drive back. The best way is to have scooters. Let me know if you would like to try it on your next trip.

Our four firsts were actually five: The Bottlenose dolphins, the (rare) Red Striped Nudibranch, the Spotted Hawaiian Flatworm, the Fellow Nudibranch, and the Gloomy Nudibranch. :D

ScubaHawk, it's great to know you find it not too difficult to dive Red Hill from shore, and I can definitely see how the scooters could make that possible and practical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom