Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was like that a week before as well (2 weeks ago). Only made it to the mid 80' range and no more than 2° swing on the computer. Looks like it was recording 72-73 no matter where I was at. I didn't think that lake ever turned over, but I think it did. Vis sucked everywhere.

FWIW, I dove Vista Pt on November 14th. Temps were down to 66 degrees at 70 feet and visibility was a meager 15 ft for most of the dive. Water level was still down quite a bit, so the hike to the water was longer than I'm used to this time of year. Hung out with a very curious Sunfish for about 10 minutes in the shallows which was kind of fun.

December 12th, so that's what the water is going to look like next weekend?

I do need to get out there again sometime soon.

I'll be out there next weekend and expect the temps below the thermocline to still be in the 50s. Upper levels may be up a bit, but probably not much above upper 60s in my opinion. This weekend is the Bill Luke fishing derby, so really not the best weekend for divers to be at the Lake (for diving) anyway.

Dove VP today (3.26.16). The conditions were remarkable! Wore Skinny & 5mm complete wet suit. Water level reached the tree. Visibility was the best I have ever experienced in the lake! There was no need to turn the flashlight at all! From the Rail- I could see the boat wreck. Max depth was 118. Temp was ~52-53 at the bottom, but ~59 close to the surface. Here's a short clip:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom