Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did two dives on Thursday night. Did a 100' dive along the rail. The treasure box is in about 84 feet. Visibility was great below 60 feet, but still dark. Some ambient light at 100 feet, but not much. Glad I wore the beanie. 52 degrees at depth.

Second dive was a night dive. We stayed in the mid 20s feet for most of the dive. Temp was comfortable in mid 70s at 25-28 feet. Thermocline at 29 feet, you definitely feel it. Vis in the shallows was probably 20-25 feet. Saw a ton of fish including some nice Bass nests.

Lake is looking pretty good these days.

Dove Vista Point today. Vis in the shallows is 20 feet. Lots of fish to see and the water temp was 84 suunto degrees. That's skin territory-not even 3mm. Below the thermocline, which I found at 30 feet, the temps are 55 degrees. All the algae that was causing vis problems in the past, has been compressed into a layer that is sitting between around 26 feet and 46 feet. Below that it is clear but dark. I was disappointed with the wall today because near 85 feet the vis got bad again and stayed bad until I turned at 110 feet.

The treasure chest is at 84 feet. The chest is damaged-the lid hinge is broken so I set the box on the rail and tried to set the lid back correctly. Be careful if you visit the chest to make sure it doesn't end up on its side and open-which was how I found it-the contents in the mud.

PD

Last edited:
Anyone diving tomorrow? Sunday the 15th? First timer to the lake wants to dive :)

Dove Vista Point today. There were a number of classes present when I arrived but they left around 11:00 a.m. and I had the place to myself...except for the boats...and there were a lot of them and they ignored the dive flag. What's new?

Temps in the shallows are 84 suunto degrees and 55 degrees in the deeps. Vis was sketchy in the shallows between 1 foot to 15 feet. Below the thermocline its clear but bring lights. Awesome day.

PD

Dove Two Cow Cove area today and vis was horrible! On a good note, there wasn't anybody around which made it very peaceful and relaxing. Temp. was 84 degrees shallow but got cold below the thermocline.

Just a quick update on the lake. We had divers out on the Diver Down II Saturday afternoon the 21st for an Advance Course and some for just the fun of it. Diving the islands in the middle of the lake we found visibility to have improved greatly since our last trip out. Great time to get a few warm up dives in before SoCal lobster season in October!

Dove Vista Point today. I found breezy conditions and a few dive classes when I arrived. The visibility was around 5 feet in the shallows and continued to be poor under the thermocline. Temperatures remain warm in the shallows at around 82 suunto degrees. The thermocline is at about 50 feet and it is 57 suunto degrees in the deeps. The Treasure box is around 62 feet now and the water is pretty low. My normal sixty foot marker is at 43 feet.

Great Day!

PD

Thanks, PD . . . what are the air temps like?

Air temps are somewhat cooler now...not 110 if you know what I mean. Things are cooling down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom