Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I can add something, I dove Vista Point by 7.23.17.
Vis sucks, but it didn't bother me to practice my skills with my new Perdix Shearwater (Thanks JAX).
At the beginning I took directions to NW (290-300), but vis was so poor that I decide to quit that direction before getting into a disaster.
Next I went to the direction of the boat ramp, met the rail and started to descent.
Vis got better under 30-40', though dark and cold and turned to be like an adventure.
By 110' I decided to return while doing deco stops all the way.

Hmmm, that's the point where I want to tell that the day before, the 22nd, I tried and succeeded climbing to the top of Flatiron Summit @ the Siphon Trail.
Sounds awesome, but...it just took me 11H a return trip, instead of 5-6H that's how my poor shape is.
On the way back, the Cell Phone battery died.
Since my wife was nervous- I had a note from the Sheriff on my car.
"If you were not here within 1H- I would have jumped the rescue team", that what the deputy said.
Anyways, all is good and I decided that the day after, the 23rd- I am going to relax.
Of course I didn't. On the morning of the 23th I felt good, so why not to go to the lake :snorkel:
To make the long story- short, all my muscles were so stressed out before/after diving.
While walking uphill- I simply couldn't make the last/top step.
Thanks to these 2 wonderful ladies that gave me a hand and pushed me up.

Reactions: Jax
I was out with the Depth Perception (LP Scuba's boat) a couple of weeks ago (Saturday, the 15th) . Interesting conditions at Tech Island. From the surface to 40' was like swimming in pea soup. Below the thermocline at 40', the water was nice and clear. Good morning of diving.

Adam

Dear all,
For those of you who still don't know- I am publishing a map of how to find the Boat Wreck @ Vista Point:
upload_2017-8-14_9-54-36.png

This is a good point to say that divers tend to change the underwater objects. Thus, what was seen yesterday- may not be accurate today... Also, this is just an idea map, so please forgive me for the inaccuracy.

Conditions this Sep 16-17 weekend:

85F at the surface, down to about 35 where it cooled to 82. Around 55, it cooled rapidly to 69F. It cooled to 52 at 100fsw.

Assuming visibility is you being able to read your buddy's hand signals:

0-35 was about 4-6 feet. 35 to 50 was 2 feet but still light, like a thick fog. At 50, it turned dark and you could barely see your buddy's primary light.

50 - 75 stayed dark - recommend touch contact. At 75 and below, you could see 3 feet with a light.

That sounds about right for this time of year. That second layer pea soup always amazes me. You would think the worst would be at the top.

Fixed typo!

Conditions this Sep 16-17 weekend:

85F at the surface, down to about 35 where it cooled to 82. Around 55, it cooled rapidly to 69F. It cooled to NOT 52 62 at 100fsw.

Assuming visibility is you being able to read your buddy's hand signals:

0-35 was about 4-6 feet. 35 to 50 was 2 feet but still light, like a thick fog. At 50, it turned dark and you could barely see your buddy's primary light.

50 - 75 stayed dark - recommend touch contact. At 75 and below, you could see 3 feet with a light.

Fixed typo!
Steve, our friend, wrote me in his last letter: There are times that I prefer to eat Pizza and drink a Beer than experiencing such conditions. I personally- don't care! I'll try to get there before Hawaii (Nov 23-27).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom