Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windy early, but abated around 9 - 9:30am.

Vis was about 20', and the water temp was 65F at Desert Tortoise.

The fish were active.

Dove Vista Point today. Weather was hot with wind. Several divers were out and at least one class. The vis is still good-15-20 feet in the shallows and 20+ in the deeps. Above the thermocline its is 64F and in the deeps it is 51-52F.

I had an amazing day diving. Things have come together for the sidemount and I saw terrain that I didn't think existed in the bay. There will be some amazing circuits coming soon.

PD

Dove Vista Point today. Lots of open water classes. The surface and shallows are at 70F now. The vis was bad...maybe 15 at best and in some locations down to 5 feet. The deeps were clear but dark and around 53F. The first dive I did was long at around 78 minutes to a place I am calling The Abyssal Plains which are south of The Gap. Repaired line today on the second dive. Awesome day!

PD

BTW I found a ring in the shallows. It happened to be sitting on the bottom at ten feet where I did my last deco stop. In the unlikely event that the person who lost it sees this post PM me and I'll drop it by Suba Magic so you can pick it up.

Last edited:
Dove Vista Point today. There were a couple other divers and that was it besides a few fishermen. The water level is down a couple feet and the vis is dropping in the shallows. The deeps have maybe 20 feet, but bring lights. Water temps were 71F in the shallows and 53F in the deeps. Lots of boats going in and out of the marina-it is the season. Breezy with some gusts that tried to destroy my sun shade.

PD

Dove Vista Point today. Weather was hot with wind. Several divers were out and at least one class. The vis is still good-15-20 feet in the shallows and 20+ in the deeps. Above the thermocline its is 64F and in the deeps it is 51-52F.

I had an amazing day diving. Things have come together for the sidemount and I saw terrain that I didn't think existed in the bay. There will be some amazing circuits coming soon.

PD

Man I have to get with you and compare notes on sidemounts. I'm tied up this Sunday but maybe in a few weeks we can meet at Vista Point.

Hey Steve,

I just connected another circuit last Sunday. I will be out Thursday the 26th and this coming Sunday or Monday and then I'll be in Cozumel. So it will be the 10th of June when I'm back. Then I could meet anytime.:)

PD

Dove Vista Point with Steve (Scubasteve2000) this morning. Water level is down a few feet since a couple of weeks ago. Extensive algae plume has substancially reduced visibility down to 50'. Slight improvement below 50' however, it's dark and cold (55 degrees at depth).

Last edited:
Dived Two Cow Cove, Surface temp 75F, depth 64-65F
Vis was ~6-10 feet - Water was full of some kind of 'string', about 1/2" - 1" long - some kind of algae?

Dove Lake Pleasant this morning. Just west of the 10 lane boat ramp. That lake looked like it had a swarm of bees on it with all of the jet skis and boats. I was getting queezy on the surface swim from all of the exhaust.
Vis was about better than I expected at about 15'. Water temp was 74 degrees at the surface with a sharp thermocline at 35' or so. Only saw one Bstripped bass. could have been better, but I got to dive with my buddy Howard, so all is well.
I need some help with dive sites in the salt river. I hear there are some deep pools that have lots of things lost from the people floating the river. PM me with info if you have any.
Eric

Back
Top Bottom