Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mindy will be doing some checkout dives, and I'll likely be there as well to sneak off for some fun dives! We'll probably be around Burro Island Saturday morning @ 8
Kris:

I must compliment you and Mindy on your new logo. At the risk of showing my age, it's "really sharp".

Josh:

I should be able to get out to the lake on Saturday morning. I'll be in the Burro Island area around 7:00 am. Hope to see you.

Regards, Bill

Bill we'll be there- we're shooting for 7:30-8 and I should be free for some non-class dives.. I'm actuallly on a treasure hunt of sorts this weekend, looking for something the lake took from us a while back!

Thanks for the compliment on the logo!

Kris, was it a Fire Extinguisher that the lake took? Because Bill already found it last weekend. :D

BIll and Kris,
I will be motoring on over with our boat. My wife is just going to be kicking back on the boat all day and relaxing with a book. I plan on diving though, so I should be there about 8am. We won't be able to get to the lake till then anyway. I'll keep my eye out for you if you're already diving by then and be careful.

Last edited:
Kris and Josh:

Thanks for a couple of great dives at Burro Island this morning. It was a pleasure.

Water temperature was 64 degrees, visibility above 50' was at least 10'. Good news is that the level of the water level is beginning to rise.

Another great day of diving at the lake.

Regards, Bill

Yep, a great dive- thanks for letting me tag along! Good to finally meet Josh and get a dive in with you guys, and thanks for letting Marsha tag along on a dive, she really appreciated it and loves gaining the experience. Nice to have some divers who not only will, but enjoy diving with brand new divers!

Bill, hopefully you guys made it to the Coyotes game Sunday!

Had a relaxing day of diving today with Ali at Bismayer Point. Bottom temp was 65 with a vis of 5'-10' doe to a depth of 40'. Outside temp was nice with a breeze picking up in the early afternoon. Fish seemed to be hiding so the rocks and muck were the highlights of the dives...looks like dry suit season is upon us...

Dove at Beismeyer Point today, Dec 6th, with Steve and Bill. Absolutely perfect day for diving. Water was a bit cold at 58 degrees give or take a degree or two, but the lake and the visiblity was great.

Visibility above 70 foot depth was at least 15'. Most of the time at 40' - 50' depth it was right around 15' - 20' visibility. Below 70' depth it got a little murky though. There was no boat traffic at all except some sailboats on the far side of the lake. There was also little to no wind but it was sure nice and sunny. The surface was as smooth and calm as I have ever seen the lake during mid-day. Water level is definately coming up though.

All in all, it was a great day to dive. Many other divers congregated in the same area near Beismeyer point today. Didn't see any schools, just quite a few groups of recreational divers out having fun.

Thanks again for the dive Bill and Steve.

- Josh

Dove at Beismeyer Point today, Dec 6th, with Steve and Bill. Absolutely perfect day for diving. Water was a bit cold at 58 degrees give or take a degree or two, but the lake and the visiblity was great.

Visibility above 70 foot depth was at least 15'. Most of the time at 40' - 50' depth it was right around 15' - 20' visibility. Below 70' depth it got a little murky though. There was no boat traffic at all except some sailboats on the far side of the lake. There was also little to no wind but it was sure nice and sunny. The surface was as smooth and calm as I have ever seen the lake during mid-day. Water level is definately coming up though.

All in all, it was a great day to dive. Many other divers congregated in the same area near Beismeyer point today. Didn't see any schools, just quite a few groups of recreational divers out having fun.

Thanks again for the dive Bill and Steve.

- Josh

Ditto. Beautiful morning at the lake. Significant improvement in terms of visbility.

Scared up one of those 4 foot+ cats laying on the bottom in approximately 20' of water.

Always a pleasure diving with Steve and Josh. Thanks.

Bill

Great diving with Bill and Josh. The vis was great, as reported above. According to the Waddell Dam web site the lake level was at 1662 feet, or 58% full. Lights were necessary below about 50 feet.

We found some big boulders at a heading of about 30 degrees about 70 - 100 feet from where the road hit the water. At about 30 feet living in, under and around the boulders were probably over 100 small frey ranging from minnow size to about the size of your hand. O'l Whiskers the 4 footer cat fish lingered nearby probably hoping to inhale an occasional tasty morsel between naps.

The vis was the hit of the day though. It was better than I remember it being for a long time. Looking forward to getting back out to the lake next weekend.

Steve.

Last edited:
Did 2 dives on the Scubateers boat yesterday. Even though it was freakin' cold and cloudy out, the diving was excellent.

First tank was the old Dam. Top was about 62' and our group bottomed out around 87'-ish. Viz was simply amazing. I could see almost as far as my light would throw.

Second tank was at Tek Island. We bounced down the wall and hit 105' then came back up to 60' where the viz was good and light was a little better. Saw plenty of fish and a lot of cool rock formations as usual for that site.

All in all a great day for diving, beside flooding another light :doh2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom