Recent experience with Delta Customer Service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is amazing on how I can pay less, get better service and more flight selections on foreign owned carriers. Oh and baggage is free (generally) and you can generally have more poundage in your bags too.

I love America and serve my country but we really need to take a lesson from overseas companies.
:confused::shakehead:

Are you kidding??
Which "foreign" airline? Admittedly, some (very few imo) are superior; a lot are awful!
I don't think I'd blame it on American companies themselves. it is the nature of the beast (we created). Let's face it, paying for the trillions of dollars of debt our illustrious government has rammed down our throat isn't easy!

Get outside of the US and unless you fly first class the baggage is way less! AND they are starting to charge for it too!
Rule of thumb in Europe is that the best you can hope for unless traveling to the States is 1 bag at 20 kilos or 44 lbs.

Oriental airlines are generally good. India bad. Eastern Europe (think (LOT) bad to just O.K. British airlines are pathetic, although occasionally I've been pleased with BA. Middle Eastern, have fun!

Some of you are getting this, and some of you are not...

I am not asking for a thing here: not a free flight, not an upgrade, not a single perk. I am providing them with valuable feedback about how their lack of planning and communication caused me a lot of consternation and wasted a butt tonne of time on my part. They had rescheduled me for a flight that simply would not have worked and provided absolutely no way for me to obtain a refund or get on a different carrier. I called AA in order to try to book a flight, and really the cost was just too exorbitant for me to justify. BUT I GOT THROUGH. They spoke to me. Delta was not ready when I needed them most. I have tried to communicate that to them, but they are refusing to listen.

While I don't believe that this will do a thing to improve the airline industry, it has given me a lot to think about. Maybe I don't fly Delta any more. That might be my first criteria from here on out: anyone (even aeroflot) but just not Delta. While I may not be certain how the others will react if there is another snowmeddon, I certainly know Delta's past track record and it's unacceptable.

Corporate America has been on a downhill slide for years. It is just recently being brought to the forefront. How is it somebody that has no experience in an industry can move into a job as CEO? Don't know where Delta's CEO came from but I would almost bet it wasn't from someplace within the Airline industry! Sad really.

Delta's CEO was actually Northwest's CEO a few years back. Between Delta and Northwest I think he was CEO for United Healthcare. I agree it is funy how one can be a CEO at an airline just because he was CEO at Krispy Kreme, just because he has "experience." What's even more hilarious is that a guy who took 2-3 other airlines into backrupcy and/or nonexistence can get a job as another airline CEO because he has "experience" :idk:

My father-in-law just came back from Roatan and he still does not have his luggage. He and the m-in-law went there with a crew of 10 more divers and their flight was re-scheduled coming home and that meant they would miss a connection. Delta agreed to hold the connecting flight so that they could catch it but everybody failed to ask what would happen with thier luggage. As of last night, all checked baggage was still missing (this includes all of his gear as well).

I have flown them once so I have no real experience but I have certainly never heard a good word spoken about Delta.

...and on a slightly related, positive note...

Monday, Priscilla and I flew from Spokane to Seattle to San Diego on Horizon (Alaska) Air. Somewhere between Spokane and San Diego, Priscilla lost her iPhone 3gs 32g. I called the airports and Alaska in Portland, and no one had it.

So we had the phone deactivated and yesterday headed to the AT&T store to buy another one - the cost would be $400.00!

Just as I was pulling into the AT&T parking lot, I got a call from Jim from Horizon Air in Bosie, Id. Someone who was cleaning the aircraft found the phone and turned it over to Jim. The phone battery was dead. Jim asked around until he found another employee who owns an iPhone and they used the person's charger to plug in Priscilla's phone. Jim asked the person to show him how to look at the call history, and they found several calls on Priscilla's phone to one Rick Inman. Jim wrote down the number and called me - just as we were about to but the new phone.

Jim seemed more excited to get our phone back to us than I was (which is impossible). Right now, Priscilla and I are near Palm Springs visiting my parents. Jim said, if he hurries, he can get the phone to Fed-X so we can have it right away. This was at 5:50pm. At 6:10 he called back apologizing, saying that the Fed-X place locked the door just as he arrived, and even after his pleading, would not re-open for him. He was very disappointed.

I told Jim, no problem, an extra day is no big deal. He promised to get it out first thing this morning and email me the tracking number.

Was it Horizon Airlines, or just Jim that was giving us such excellent customer service? I don't know. But when I complemented Jim and thanked him and asked him where I could send a thank-you card (planning on including a gift cert, too), he just said, "You can thank me by remembering Horizon Airlines in your future travel plans."

+1 for Horizon Air.

FWIW: I have flown well over a million miles for business, wife is right on my heels. Last week was about the worst I have ever seen it, although we have had bad experiences United, Continental, American, Delta and Northwest at times.

My wife was to fly from Amarillo to NJ and was the one and only speaker at a conference. We thought the blizzard on the east coast was the problem. Boy we we wrong, it was DFW. To make a long story short, 2 cancellations and 24 flight delay notices she was stranded at DFW. The cost for the missed conference (besides screwing up a say for 100+ attendees) was >$10K

At DFW, they had 1 (ONE) deicing setup with a queue of planes that exceeded 4 hours. The were finally deiced, only to run low on fuel. While she was having fun and games, I was on the phone and computer to the airlines. The Expedia site was totally off-line. The response on the American site was too slow to make it usable. The only thing the worked was the phones, the first 10-20 calls were terminated by the system (overloaded), when I finally got in the queue I was on hold for 60 minutes.

I feel you pain, the system sucks. But we are all stuck with it.

...and on a slightly related, positive note...

Monday, Priscilla and I flew from Spokane to Seattle to San Diego on Horizon (Alaska) Air. Somewhere between Spokane and San Diego, Priscilla lost her iPhone 3gs 32g. I called the airports and Alaska in Portland, and no one had it.

So we had the phone deactivated and yesterday headed to the AT&T store to buy another one - the cost would be $400.00!

Just as I was pulling into the AT&T parking lot, I got a call from Jim from Horizon Air in Bosie, Id. Someone who was cleaning the aircraft found the phone and turned it over to Jim. The phone battery was dead. Jim asked around until he found another employee who owns an iPhone and they used the person's charger to plug in Priscilla's phone. Jim asked the person to show him how to look at the call history, and they found several calls on Priscilla's phone to one Rick Inman. Jim wrote down the number and called me - just as we were about to but the new phone.

Jim seemed more excited to get our phone back to us than I was (which is impossible). Right now, Priscilla and I are near Palm Springs visiting my parents. Jim said, if he hurries, he can get the phone to Fed-X so we can have it right away. This was at 5:50pm. At 6:10 he called back apologizing, saying that the Fed-X place locked the door just as he arrived, and even after his pleading, would not re-open for him. He was very disappointed.

I told Jim, no problem, an extra day is no big deal. He promised to get it out first thing this morning and email me the tracking number.

Was it Horizon Airlines, or just Jim that was giving us such excellent customer service? I don't know. But when I complemented Jim and thanked him and asked him where I could send a thank-you card (planning on including a gift cert, too), he just said, "You can thank me by remembering Horizon Airlines in your future travel plans."

+1 for Horizon Air.

My stepson flys on Alaska a lot, (maintains navigation equipment at federal airports) He too has left his phone on a plane a couple of times, also left it on one of the ferries, but has also had it returned to him in a similar manner. May be a pattern developing here? On our trips to Anchorage we have used Alaska several times without problems and with excellent service to boot!

Maybe I don't fly Delta any more. That might be my first criteria from here on out: anyone (even aeroflot) but just not Delta.

What's wrong with Aeroflop, err, I mean flot? :D
Actually, I really like the new Aeroflot. They have a new fleet of planes, their pilots are outstanding (I've even been in the cockpit during flights) and their website is great. Choosing them over Delta would be a no-brainer! :D

I had to contact the BBB in order to get miles that were coming to me. Delta sucks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom