Recent experience at Malpelo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was in Colombia until last week.
Maria Patricia is still cheap, but an old rusty boat in poor conditions.
Ferox is still expensive, but in good conditions.

Diving is very expensive in Colombia. If you really want to see Malpelo, be prepared to pay.
Or else, for the same money, go 2 times to Maldives ...

Was in Colombia until last week.
Maria Patricia is still cheap, but an old rusty boat in poor conditions.
Ferox is still expensive, but in good conditions.

Diving is very expensive in Colombia. If you really want to see Malpelo, be prepared to pay.
Were you diving?

Thanks for the review and update folks. I am headed on Ferox at the end of August and very excited! Will be looking forward to provide everyone with a full trip report when I am back.

Hi Dan - if you want to join him on one of his trips he has these dates on the FEROX for 2020/2021

June 19-29, 2020

July 6-15, 2020

June 27-July 6, 2021

July 9-18, 2021

July 30-Aug 8, 2021

Hi Dom,
I’m interested in July 9-18, 2021 trip. Like to know which cabin are still available. I may have one or two other buddies to join me on this trip. Please send me detail through PM. Thanks!

Hi Dan - we still show 5 have space on following trip - 09.07.2021 18.07.2021 Dive Advice Charters Malpelo Ferox DIVE ADVICE SPECIAL ADVENTURE - 9 nights from Colombia - Max 12 guests - Free nitrox - Twin private bath $5050 pp - Single with bathroom from $5100 to $5300 - Master Double $5050 pp - plus Park fees @ $37 per dive day. Let me know how many persons and what cabin types you want. Happy New Year. Warm regards Dom

Is it very expensive mainly for the cost of the diving, or are you factoring in airfare and topside expenses like room and food? Any thoughts on how total trip cost may compare to similar regional big animal destinations? That price given sounds mid. range or lower mid. range by the standards I saw looking at Galapagos live-aboard options, but a bit high by Socorros standards. Not familiar with Cocos pricing.

Just wondering where Malpelo Ferox trips fit in the mix in terms of total live-aboard trip cost.

Sunn
Had to... but not enough customers, so the boat stayed in Buenaventura !
Which was this ?

Back
Top Bottom