rec trimix deco tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never said I dive trimix.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was gonna get carded here.

It appeared to me that the OP was asking a general question about mixed gas. Just trying to help out. Sorry if I stepped on you ego. Guess I go back to the kiddie pool.

Sheesh.

Soggy:
...then you probably shouldn't be giving advice on trimix diving. :)

No worries...

Read my post carefully. I didn't give any advice.

If I was wrong in something I stated about breathing gas blends, then correct my error. You do a great dis-service to me and others on this board when you (and others) throw sarcasitic insults at me without correcting the mistakes.

I thought this was a place to learn. Not a place for pissing contests. Or am I mistaken on that too?

Soggy:
...then you probably shouldn't be giving advice on trimix diving. :)

No worries...
Hey what would scubaboard be without a liberal dose of BS repellant?:D

Nomad:

If I was wrong in something I stated about breathing gas blends, then correct my error. You do a great dis-service to me and others on this board when you (and others) throw sarcasitic insults at me without correcting the mistakes.

I thought this was a place to learn. Not a place for pissing contests. Or am I mistaken on that too?
OK let me start. There is so much wrong with your post that it is pretty obvious you aren't a trimix diver. That being the case if you throw out information hoping to be corrected then you get what you bargained for.
I appreciate you trying to be helpful but why post incorrect information when you really don't know what you are talking about?

Nomad:

...and I didn't throw any sarcastic insults.

Anyhow, because helium is both faster ongassing and offgassing, unless you are breathing extremely high helium mixes or doing extremely long dives, you can more or less ignore the helium component as long as you keep your ascent nice and slow.

For a recreational dive on 21/35 (over kill, but happens when we get blown out of a deeper dive), I dive like I'm using air, but just do 1 minute stops from half maximum depth rather than a single 5 minute safety stop.

Soggy, thanks for the response.

You say 21/35. What is the other 44%? Is that the helium?

Webdive, you posted your thread in "Basic Scuba Discussions". As a result, I assumed it is was a "Basic" question. Guess I was mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom