Rec Dive Computer for Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point,also long term exposure to high PO2s isn't healthy either.The point of training is to get one familiar enough with one's chosen deco methods to insure a safe dive.Computers in general can lead one into a complacent attitude towards learning decompression theory and how it applies to us in general.

I am in complete agreement with this direction that the conversation has turned.

As a relatively new tec diver, I am diving tec everyday now (helium when I can afford it) but as much as a computer would be nice, I would a. rather spend my money on actually diving and b) I am concerned that a computer would cause me to have complacency.

I'm in the process of wrapping my head around ratio deco, diving off plans, strictly... finding it very interesting to compare my Vplanner plans v.s what ratio deco would entail.

At the moment I am diving off a bent zoop as a back up and Uwtec bottom timer. I am intrigued with the new xdeep bottom timer, as I really would like to see seconds and have a start-stop chonometer for my deco. Starting to just lean towards a nice Sieko or Citizen with a Bezal (keep the zoop angry with me)

Any reccomendations on the "second"/chronometer options? Wouldn't mind letting the zoop clear and keep it clear for recreational dives.... I am tending to round upwards on most stops, no problem w. it as its "padding" deco but feel like I might be holding team mates up/ being overly cautious.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom