Rebreathers & buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe,
Kinda wish I took my CCR Trimix class from you..........not that the instructor I had was bad or anything............I just think we would have had some thought provoking conversations.

I like these theoretical debates, even the older ones :D

It seems to me if there is any change in buoyancy due to change in mass, energy burned, O2 consumed, heat released or whatever, it would be on the order of milligrams at the most. On the macro scale of a diver's buoyancy control, this would pretty much be unnoticable, wouldn't it?

Hard to believe this thread turned up again in the first place, and even more that good info was added, considering the question was already answered.

The bouyancy differences to OC are the additional gas space that needs to be managed upon descent and ascent, and varies a bit among different systems.

Everything else remains the same.

Even flatulence. :joke:

DepthCharge:
Joe,
Kinda wish I took my CCR Trimix class from you..........not that the instructor I had was bad or anything............I just think we would have had some thought provoking conversations.
I always try and get the students involved in a dialog (not that its always possible). I feel the student learns more if they try to defend their point of view..

On all of ANDI's exams there are always a few "borderline" questions that don't necessarily have clear cut answers (many times its "all of the above" with 1 of the answers in a greyish area, or a question with multiple right answers and now all of the above).. I always hope a student gets one or two of these wrong (rather than get a perfect score) since most of them bring up strong exchanges..

By the time most people take CCR trimix classes they are pretty experienced divers but not necessarily with the longest run times but most of the dive skills are already there, knowledge on the otherhand usually (but not always) doesn't come from experience, so strong academics is a must..

My classes (and the ones I have written the instructor guidlines/procedures for) typically cover material that is traditionally ommitted by others.. A perfect excample is loop contamination from the "oxygen" supply when this gas is not 100% oxygen, its effects on overal loop composition, narcotic qualities and gas density..

Back
Top Bottom