Rebreather world

Rebreather World

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Please tell me more about Rebrether world....and vote the poll as well.
I going to take CCR Normoxic Rebreather May In PG Philippines, My Instructor hire recommended Inspiration...

Give comment....
Thank In advanced

Jason

Hi Jason, are you asking about our website?
What rebreathers other board members here dive?
What we think you should dive for your Mod II course?

Sorry I'm a bit confused ... :06:

I dive PRISMs. You dive an Inspiration.
Considering you already dive that unit it's probably the one
you want for your Mod II. :wink:

Your poll is missing some very significant contributors to the rebreather market. The prism as Stefan mentioned above and in my mind, most importantly Innerspace Systems Corp, contribution the Megaladon. I have ordered one and although there are far less units out there than some of the others it is built to the highest standards in the market.
There is plenty of information on www.rebreatherworld.com . I would suggest if you want good RB information from people who actually dive rebreathers, not someone who knows someone, look there.

The O2ptima, with reported orders exceeding 200 units is another player in the CCR market worth mentioning. The Ouroboros, while fairly low volume in comparison, has been selling quite well considering its high price tag.

Thank for your advice

wedivebc:
Your poll is missing some very significant contributors to the rebreather market. The prism as Stefan mentioned above and in my mind, most importantly Innerspace Systems Corp, contribution the Megaladon. I have ordered one and although there are far less units out there than some of the others it is built to the highest standards in the market.
There is plenty of information on www.rebreatherworld.com . I would suggest if you want good RB information from people who actually dive rebreathers, not someone who knows someone, look there.

Yes; I asking about the website? Rebreather world....
I consider have my own unit, do you know how much?

thank

caveseeker7:
Hi Jason, are you asking about our website?
What rebreathers other board members here dive?
What we think you should dive for your Mod II course?

Sorry I'm a bit confused ... :06:

I dive PRISMs. You dive an Inspiration.
Considering you already dive that unit it's probably the one
you want for your Mod II. :wink:

do you have to be certified to use a rebreather... and where can i find one... i am in the south florida area

Prices on units are quite variable. The highest priced civilian RB is the Ouroboros going for around 17,000-18,000 +- , with training in the UK. It's a pretty darn big unit.

The sport KISS is in the neighborhood of the mid to upper 5,000 +- including training. It's a pretty darn compact unit.

The rest of the RB's fall in between those two spectrums. I personally like the KISS, Meg, Insp since they are supported. The Prism looks pretty well thought out too. Just haven't had a chance to get my mittens on one yet.

Yes. Certification would certainly be the first thing an instructor looks at as well as advanced nitrox training.

X

Hi Folks,

I want to get know price comparison..before purchase

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom