rebreather sale on ebay...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry about that, we all are. :D

Distributers will likely be too. :wink:

it says based on Dräger Dolphin Technique.
But is it a homebuilt or is it a company that builds them and if there is a company anyone knows which one that is do they have a homepage?

/Jonny

I'm still working on identifying the model, Johnny.

The general layout looks a lot like the FGT series, but either heavily modified or not part of it. The seller listed a bunch of Dolphin parts, such as gas addition (I can't see a reachable switch for gases, nor a second dosing unit for a different mix, though), exhaust, bags. The hoses and DSV are Dräger fare, too.

But the FGT has the switchblock at the lower end rather than the upper, and the box is different, too. I'm trying to get more info on that thing.

I guess you can always ask the seller ... .

That movie looks awesome, I love the low budget student type films. I get the feeling it's going to make it's deput only in a limited number of non-national video stores or more realistically ifilm.com.

Just got word from JWB, it's a homebuild unit. I'm impressed.
Is offered for sale because the owner bought another RB.

caveseeker7:
Just got word from JWB, it's a homebuild unit. I'm impressed.
Is offered for sale because the owner bought another RB.

I got a email from him. He's building them. Has built around 30 this year. And is considering putting them up on his website.

Mverick:
I got a email from him. He's building them. Has built around 30 this year. And is considering putting them up on his website.
JWB said he had planned to make a page on the rig, so if it's a low production unit chances are that he will eventually do (he's off on vacation as of tonight, been busy at work and home, and has fallen a bit behind with his website - I send him some info and pics for more than half a duzend rebreathers from the Nick Icorn collection ... everything from mine aparatuses to aircraft O2 rig to Electrolung).

The RB for sale is nicely done, deserves it's own thread. Rather than keeping this bad movie's alive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom