Rebreather Review & Experience, Tampa, 01/11/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDadMiami

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Here is your chance to find out more about some of the popoular rebreathers on the market, and to have an in-water experience with them (this is not a certification course).

The event will be held at the Temple Terrace Family Reception Complex, 6610 Whiteway Drive, Tampa, Florida. The events start at 9:00 AM.

Rebreathers currently scheduled include KISS Sport and Classic, Megaladon, Hammerhead, DiveRite Optima, rEvo, and VR Sentinel.

What to bring: Swimsuit, wetsuit, weights, mask, fins, towel, c-card.

Cost: $40 but includes a one year subscription to Advanced Diver Magazine ($25 value).

There is limited space available for this event. To register, click here.TAS CCR Event

I do not know the specific answers to these questions. The one who can answer fully would be Curt Bowen, Editor of Advanced Diver Magazine. I will be one of the instructors there, conducting a presentation and in-water demo of the Dive Rite Optima.

Based on my prior attendance of these functions, the limit was about 30 people max (but I am not sure, and I didn't do an actual head count). In general, half a day was spent with each presenter going over the features of his or her respective unit. There was about an hour break for lunch. After, we went to the pool.

Depending on the number of people that wish to demo the units, each diver probably gets about ten minutes on the unit. Many attendees do not demo all of the units. Many have narrowed down their selections to two or three units max by the time they attend an event like this. So, the in-water demo part moves pretty quickly even with the volume of divers trying out.

Again, I am not running the logistics of things. However, this is my recollection from past events. These events are run several times each year. So, it has become a pretty efficient operation by this point.

I hope that this information helps. However, Curt can provide the specific answers.

Howard:

I'll be there representing the Kiss units. Looking forward to seeing you there. BTW, are you still interested in the Optima case my daughter won at the Rebreatherworld party? If so, it's yours.

For people interested in attending contact Curt Bown through Advanced Diver Magazine at ADM Online. I've done several of these in the past, both as an attendee and also as a company representative. They have always been very informative and enjoyable. There is usually a series of short presentations on each of the units and then pool time to try out those you want to dive. The time in the water depends on the number of units each company representative has with them (usually one or two) and how many people are interested in each unit. Like Howard mentioned, it's usually about 10 minutes on each of the ones they are interested in trying.

Hope to see everyone there!

Doug

While this seminar and demo is a great idea, it was not such a great idea to schedule it so close to the holidays. So, I have been informed that it is going to be rescheduled. No new date yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom