Reasons NOT to use Enriched Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUE is about the only agency i can think of though that doesn't allow a diver to pick the optimum mix for every dive - it limits them to "standard gases" which aren't going to be perfect for every dive.

I guess when they mix gasses and it comes out off by a couple of %, they have to dump their mix and start again.....right?

I don't dive Nitrox because my dive shop gave me free air for a while with my equipment purchase. When that expires, I'll consider Nitrox.

Yes. And i disagree entirely with their reasoning for it.

What reasons are those? (Don't worry...I'll give you time to google your answer)

I don't dive Nitrox because my dive shop gave me free air for a while with my equipment purchase. When that expires, I'll consider Nitrox.
:rofl3:

If you understand and appreciate the math, and you simply communicate between buddies before each dive there is no real need for having the standardized depth labels/mixes. Other than being able to justify owning a herd of tanks...

What reasons are those? (Don't worry...I'll give you time to google your answer)

Start another thread and i'll respond but its off topic for this one. So called standard gases is one of the 3 main reasons i wont consider diving the GUE way.

Start another thread and i'll respond but its off topic for this one. So called standard gases is one of the 3 main reasons i wont consider diving the GUE way.

Based on a false premise.

Just a quick off topic answer to this will suffice

I guess when they mix gasses and it comes out off by a couple of %, they have to dump their mix and start again.....right?

If you understand and appreciate the math, and you simply communicate between buddies before each dive there is no real need for having the standardized depth labels/mixes. Other than being able to justify owning a herd of tanks...

Lets explore this further. I am doing a dive to 180' for 20 min on 18/45. What are you going to use? To save time, once you tell me what your gas is, tell me your deco as well starting at the 20 min and 1 second mark and give me your ascent and deco profile so we can compare them to mine. Again to save time, I am going to show you that we will most likely have different ascent profiles and lets explore the ramifications of one of us losing our deco gas (extruded o-ring?, first stage failure? take your pick) Let us see the results of our different gas mixes on this.? Are you game? Also, let us forget about labeling bottles and I am bringing 50% and 100% in two al 40's.

Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom