Reappearing River, BC, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carrying all that dive gear and a gun seems a weee bit unrealistic- although they do it in FL :D
Safety first.
39869_608679171915_201400707_35180957_3084653_n.jpg

KMD is looking at the Razor because he's not interested in big tanks & deco this far from "home" and in 44f water. And that rig is sweet for his normal MX diving. I am thinking about an armadillo with hp100s and a bottom stage with a max depth of 200ft and max ~45mins of deco on 50% & 100% in Al40s. If I decide not to do any deeper diving then just 2 al80s. Nadwidny has a Kiss and probably bring a bunch of 40s and one or two 80s as bailout. Regardless, manifolded doubles aren't making it past Never Never Land.

Clearly I've had a transporter mishap and fallen into a parallel universe...

Those on OC are skipping backmounts since we can get to the end of backmount territory on <15cf of gas. We can winch & lower sidemount singles past the dry sections without bending/breaking manifolds.

KMD is looking at the Razor because he's not interested in big tanks & deco this far from "home" and in 44f water. And that rig is sweet for his normal MX diving. I am thinking about an armadillo with hp100s and a bottom stage with a max depth of 200ft and max ~45mins of deco on 50% & 100% in Al40s. If I decide not to do any deeper diving then just 2 al80s. Nadwidny has a Kiss and probably bring a bunch of 40s and one or two 80s as bailout. Regardless, manifolded doubles aren't making it past Never Never Land.

Its really not a backmount cave even though its big enough for them to fit.
I would seriously look at a razor style harness and a nomad wing. It keeps my backup lights, stage drings, clip off points, etc all the same as backmount for muscle memory.

Awesome video, I was actually expecting the water to be colder(its still too damned cold for me). I think alot of you guys will appreciate SM for these kinds of trips :)

I would seriously look at a razor style harness and a nomad wing. It keeps my backup lights, stage drings, clip off points, etc all the same as backmount for muscle memory.

Seems like you can keep everything as is on the armadillo but maybe I'm missing it. The benefit for some of these no-plate harnesses is you can rappel in them. Its not very far down, maybe 25-30ft but its quite a nasty descent into sump 6. Going to take some hoisting and such.

Edit are you actually using a razor plus nomad wing?

i was thinking the same thing :)

Necessity - but fortunately not much invention required. We are kinda teaching ourselves caving since its at least 20% walking/scrambling etc. The original explorers used indepedent 95s for the deeper stuff.

Also consider steel 72s. They are smaller than AL80s by a bit, easier to handle, and neutral when empty(butt light like AL80s, but not positively bouyant). Pump them to 3k and they hold a decent amount of gas too :)

I swapped from AL80s to LP72s awhile back, and its been a great thing.

Also consider steel 72s. They are smaller than AL80s by a bit, easier to handle, and neutral when empty(butt light like AL80s, but not positively bouyant). Pump them to 3k and they hold a decent amount of gas too :)

I swapped from AL80s to LP72s awhile back, and its been a great thing.

Don't forget cheaper too.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom