REAL Silicone Skirt Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I envy you James.

Well don't be. But, if my vision continues to decline I may have to go back to the X-Vision because I can get ground lenses for it (I think). That will be a sad day but I was having a hard time reading my camera settings this last trip. Not sure why, I have the stick-on lenses in all of my masks and they have done well until know, enough for me to see my instruments and camera. I am a style queen, I am not sure I can have a mask with those big glued on nerd lenses.

N

I made the mistake of ditching my backup AA Frameless 1 for an AA Venom ARC. The Venom's ARC lens is great, but the skirt/fit sucks IMO. Now my basic Frameless 1 is my primary and I keep a $270 backup mask stuffed in my shorts' pocket where it belongs. :shakehead:

That sux. And I live on BI so I have to read reviews and online it with fingers crossed. Like I said though. That trufit stuff is all bees knees. We gotta get together. Maybe get me on some wrecks and ill get you on some untouched reefs and walls! Youve got a 600 right? Fly over and lets cruise! Ill have to take Mokulele to get my 1500 to Oahu though :wink:

That sux. And I live on BI so I have to read reviews and online it with fingers crossed. Like I said though. That trufit stuff is all bees knees. We gotta get together. Maybe get me on some wrecks and ill get you on some untouched reefs and walls! Youve got a 600 right? Fly over and lets cruise! Ill have to take Mokulele to get my 1500 to Oahu though :wink:

Unfortunately my process of becoming more nomadic has caused me to briefly be between CCRs and DPVs. If you find yourself on Oahu, though, I'll scrounge up a DPV and enough OC gas to hang. Have numbers for an as-yet-unidentified, late 1800s/early 1900s wreck at 240'-270' with pieces as far down slope as 330'.

Ouch! No Genny or rEvo? I hope the travels are treating you well. Pry that sh*t from my cold dead hands. The wreck sounds interesting. How far out?

Well don't be. But, if my vision continues to decline I may have to go back to the X-Vision because I can get ground lenses for it (I think). That will be a sad day but I was having a hard time reading my camera settings this last trip. Not sure why, I have the stick-on lenses in all of my masks and they have done well until know, enough for me to see my instruments and camera. I am a style queen, I am not sure I can have a mask with those big glued on nerd lenses.

N

I hear you re declining eye sight, mine has gotten so bad the last year or two I'm now having great trouble using my compass particularly when viz is low or when water has a green tinge.

Ouch! No Genny or rEvo? I hope the travels are treating you well. Pry that sh*t from my cold dead hands. The wreck sounds interesting. How far out?

A short scooter ride from the Sea Tiger wreck at 120', which is itself close enough to shore off Honolulu that we often find kayak and even shore divers on it. The Sea Tiger makes a good way to stay amused for the intermediate stops.

My favorite frameless mask is the Cressi F1. It doesn't have that squishy silicone skirt you were asking for, though. I really wish the Atomic masks fit my face better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom