Ready to buy some gear... thoughts on my selection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice, good for you!
Just make sure you have a depth gauge and timing device as well. Have fun!
Also did you mean octo? Second stage is the part of the regulator that you put in your mouth :wink:
AKA it's the second place/stage where air is pressurized for breathing use. The first stage being the actual device you attach to your tank.

Thanks so much! BTW, why would you recommend a regular second stage? I thought it would be great to have less things hanging off me.

Next time you dive with rental kit, try managing your ascent whilst holding your LPI/dump under your chin for the entire duration. For added realism, make sure your buddies face is never more than 6" from your own for the whole ascent. Get them to jerk you around a bit also....

Some things that 'seem' like a good idea, aren't necessarily so... IMHO

If I was given a free safe-second, it'd go straight onto Ebay and I'd use the money to buy a regular octo/AAS. But that's just me...

Back
Top Bottom