Ready to buy...but what? Regulator or BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same as the above... I would get exposure protection first, then a reg setup/computer next. Probably a BC 3rd if you don't mind the rental stuff for now.

If you're looking for a great value in a jacket BC, check out the Aeris EX100. Do not be fooled by the rental/school BC description. It is a light weight (6.5lbs) BC that is good for travel and is durable enough for local diving here in NE. Has many features not found on other similarly priced "starter" BCs. I own it and dive it locally (lobster and scalloping) and in warm water (travel). Can't be beat for value. Add a crotch strap and positive locking closure for the rear trim pockets and you will have a BC that you can dive with for a long time.

Nice info. I have wetsuits already, mask, snorkel, fins and as of yesterday, a dive computer. Reg is next for sure. Now researching.

we went with BCD (Genesis) before we got the regulators(HOG) because we both hate the weight belt, and except for one shop that had bcd's with integrated weights, the rest don't

you may think you're OK with anything but it makes a lot of difference to know where everything is, including accesories like light and knife etc
personal choice at the end of the day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom