Ready to buy a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ektess1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tobin, as soon as I get your recommendations I will buy it.

I am 6'2" tall with a 32" inseam; long torso. All of my shirts have to be long so that I can tuck them in. A SS Dive Rite plate waist belt is 1-1 1/2 above my belly button. ! weigh about 200 lbs.

I dive salt water. I use a single steel 100 cf tank. I carry 2 lbs of lights, a 6' DSMB with a 100' spool. I somethimes sling an aluminum 30 cf pony.

In the summer I wear a swim suit and in the winter I wear 3 mill farmer john with a 2 mill jacket. 3 mil boots and gloves year round.

What do I buy from DSS?

Thanks
Ed

Tobin, as soon as I get your recommendations I will buy it.

I am 6'2" tall with a 32" inseam; long torso. All of my shirts have to be long so that I can tuck them in. A SS Dive Rite plate waist belt is 1-1 1/2 above my belly button. ! weigh about 200 lbs.

I dive salt water. I use a single steel 100 cf tank. I carry 2 lbs of lights, a 6' DSMB with a 100' spool. I somethimes sling an aluminum 30 cf pony.

In the summer I wear a swim suit and in the winter I wear 3 mill farmer john with a 2 mill jacket. 3 mil boots and gloves year round.

What do I buy from DSS?

Thanks
Ed

Ed,

I really appreciate the complete set of info you have provided, it makes my job easy.

You need a long pattern plate. That will move the waist strap down about 2 1/4 inches relative the "one size" plates.

In a 3mm suit with a steel tank a Stainless Back plate would over weight you. The kydex plate is a better choice.

A LP kydex plate and harness, reg and full HP 100 will be about -15, your pony adds another 2-3 lbs. With a rig that's -17-18 you can use a 20 lbs wing.

The LCD 20 is plenty to compensate for the compression of your 3mm suit.

If you do not anticipate heavier wetsuits than your 3mm, the LCD 20 is a good choice. If you do anticipate more buoyant suits you might want to go up a size, A Torus 26.

Recap:

Complete singles rig consisting of:

Long Pattern Kydex Plate
Hogarthian Harness
LCD 20 (Torus 26 maybe)

(The complete rigs include the cambands / wedge blocks)

Everything should be in stock.

Thanks,

Tobin

Thanks Tobin. I will buy it in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom